Say Good-Bye to Your Timeshare
How to Cancel a Timeshare
3 min read
All timeshares are not scams. The timeshare industry generates billions of dollars a year. There must be a reason why this happens. It’s because there are a lot of reputable companies who offer fair deals to their clients. However, there are plenty of companies who do not, and they use the good reputations of their competitors to trick people into deals they soon regret making. There are ways out of these deals but the first thing you have to understand is why you may want to get out of your deal as quickly as possible.
While many timeshare owners believe they are stuck, the reality is that there are ways out. Delaying in taking action is a mistake and it’s time for you to get aggressive with your decision to leave. If you are on the fence about getting out of your deal, you should consider these reasons:
1. Increased costs: You may agree to a set price when you originally sign, but the cost of living and maintaining the home will continue to go up. If you are stuck paying these rates for one to two decades, the costs can go up considerably.
2. New ambitions: While your original motivation to buy the timeshare was because it was located in one of your favorite vacation spots, things have changed, and you are looking to expand your horizons. The most common example is when young parents get places where they want their families to vacation every year, especially with young children. However, now that everyone is older, new destinations become the desire of vacation travel.
3. Loss of value: Another common thing that happens during long-term agreements is that the value of property in the area goes down. This can be caused by several factors, but it happens and that makes it harder for you to rent out your property to others.
4. Damage to credit: If you are struggling to make payments or battling with the company, then you could be looking at damage to your credit. This is why you need to get out as soon as possible.
5. Overall bad deal: The first and main reason people want out of their agreements is because they realize that the company has pulled a scam. They are not delivering on what they promised, and they are the reason timeshares have such a bad name. Obviously, these companies utilize several tricks to get you to fall for these agreements and it’s time to find a way out of it.
Whether you are happy with your timeshare agreement or not, you should always have the option to get out of it. Our job is to make sure that you have that option and we will help you get out of this deal with the help of our experienced legal team.
How to choose the right company to get me out of my timeshare
We know how stressful timeshare contracts can be. What once sounded like a dream resort package turned into a nightmare. When you don't know where to turn, look to PMG to relieve you of your timeshare burden. We pride ourselves on open, honest, and frequent communication with our clients.
Their high-pressure tactics
Our knowledge and experience gets you OUT. We offer a high-touch, boutique level of service, keeping you informed with frequent updates throughout the process—which is why we have numerous 5-star reviews and are rated "A" (Excellent) by the Business Consumer Alliance (BCA).Learn More
Still not sure what's the next step? Our dedicated team can review your agreement and guide you through the process. The Primo difference is all about service. Our timeshare elimination consultants have one mission: To serve our clients and bring the peace of mind that comes from relieving their timeshare obligation.Get Started
The timeshare industry has spent a tremendous amount of time and money to delay, confuse and deter you from canceling your timeshare contract. Your team of timeshare elimination experts act as your consumer advocate and will work tirelessly to free you from your timeshare contract, mortgage, and maintenance fee bill.Give it a try